Wonder 2890: Who Taught the First Teacher?
Question 1 of 3
What evidence shows that priests were likely the first teachers?
- Students became scribes or librarians.
- Confucius was self-taught and never taught in a school.
- The first schools began many years ago—around 3000 B.C.E—in ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
- Confucius thought everyone should have an education.
Question 2 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- Confucius being an awesome teacher.
- Teaching in ancient times compared to the present day.
- How teachers today have more work.
- Why we have teachers.
Question 3 of 3
How do we know that many people think Confucius was the first teacher?
- He learned music, history, and math.
- Confucius felt that education was the path to self-improvement and virtue.
- Students shared Confucius’ ideas long after he died.
- He was born in China in 551 B.C.E.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Who-Taught-the-First-Teacher.