Wonder #2889: What Causes Dwarfism?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- why people are of different heights.
- why people have dwarfism.
- the types of dwarfism and the ways we can support people of short stature.
- how dwarfism is diagnosed.
Question 2 of 3
What causes dwarfism?
- There are a lot of reasons someone might be a person of short stature, including genetics and medical conditions.
- We don’t really know what causes dwarfism.
- All forms of dwarfism are caused by genes.
- Dwarfism is always caused by missing hormones.
Question 3 of 3
What is the main way people are classified as exhibiting dwarfism?
- They have a genetic marker.
- Their head and/or limbs appear to not fit with the rest of their body.
- A doctor sees something on an X-ray.
- They are a full-grown adult not taller than four feet, ten inches.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Causes-Dwarfism.