Wonder 32851: What Do Macrophages Do?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mainly about . . .
- a description of several types of blood cells in the human body
- autoimmune disorders that can occur in the human body
- a type of blood cell called a macrophage and its role within the human body
- the history of certain type of virus and bacteria that cause sickness
Question 2 of 3
What condition sometimes occurs when macrophages do their job too well and begin to hurt the body?
- macrophage activation syndrome (MAS)
- hemophagocytic activation syndrome (HAS)
- hemoglobin reduction disease (HRD)
- autoimmune macrophage lymphohistiocytosis (AML)
Question 3 of 3
Where are macrophages created?
- bone marrow
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Do-Macrophages-Do.