Wonder #2920: Do Kids Have Rights?
Question 1 of 3
Which of the following is NOT a principle included in the Convention on the Rights of the Child?
- life, survival, and development
- children’s best interests
- invasion of privacy
Question 2 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- defining and exploring the history of children’s rights around the world
- an overview of Nickelodeon’s efforts to create a Declaration of Kids’ Rights
- the process used by the United Nations to determine the extent of children’s rights
- how parents, teachers, and social workers work together to protect children
Question 3 of 3
The Supreme Court has ruled that when a school carries out searches of student bags and backpacks . . .
- schools must respect the child’s right to privacy above all else
- children’s rights and a safe learning environment are equal in importance
- schools do not need to consider the rights of their students
- the school’s need to provide a safe learning environment comes before student rights to privacy
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Do-Kids-Have-Rights.