WONDER #2714: Have You Ever Played Shogi?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- which board game is the best to play in your free time.
- how to design your own board game for fun with friends and family.
- how to play shogi and how it is similar to and different from chess.
- the history of shogi and the lives of world shogi champions.
Question 2 of 3
Both shogi and chess grew from an ancient game called _______________.
Question 3 of 3
Which is NOT true about the game of shogi, according to this Wonder?
- In shogi, the object is to capture the other side’s king.
- Shogi includes pieces such as the pawn, rook, and knight.
- Shogi pieces can be promoted if they reach the other side’s promotion zone.
- Shogi pieces come in two colors (black and white).
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Have-You-Ever-Played-Shogi.