WONDER #2604: What Are the Different Degrees of Burns?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- why kids should never cook alone.
- ways to protect your home from fires using a fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.
- the history of fire and cooking.
- the different degrees of burns and how to prevent and care for burn injuries.
Question 2 of 3
If a burn affects the top layer of skin and part of the layer below, it is a __________________ burn.
Question 3 of 3
Which of the following is NOT a recommended way to treat a minor first-degree burn at home, according to this Wonder?
- Rub grease or oil on the burned area.
- Hold the burned area under cool running water.
- Apply a cold compress.
- Apply aloe or burn cream.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Are-the-Different-Degrees-of-Burns.