WONDER #2578: How Dangerous Was John Dillinger?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- John Dillinger was born in 1903 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- John Dillinger was the most dangerous criminal of all time.
- John Dillinger was a bank robber who was reportedly killed by the FBI in 1934.
- Police and the FBI have become much more effective since the 1930s.
Question 2 of 3
What caused many people to support Dillinger’s crimes?
- Most people wanted to rob banks but were not brave enough to actually do so.
- They were still angry at the banks for failing during the Great Depression and saw the robberies as payback.
- John Dillinger was very rude to bank customers, which most people admired about him.
- Public opinion did not largely support Dillinger’s crimes.
Question 3 of 3
Which of these is NOT true about the story of John Dillinger?
- John Dillinger escaped from prison several times.
- Some people believe John Dillinger was not really killed by the FBI.
- John Dillinger’s relatives tried to have their DNA compared to his remains, but were refused.
- John Dillinger never actually robbed a bank.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/How-Dangerous-was-John-Dillinger.