WONDER #2464: What is "Bias" and Why Do People Have It?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- the most harmful stereotypes.
- how biases form and why people should be aware of their biases.
- why parents shouldn’t judge science fairs.
- why so many kids don’t like vegetables.
Question 2 of 3
The human brain tends to ___________________ new information.
- throw out
Question 3 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that people often don’t know about their biases?
- “Most people have implicit biases. These are unconscious attitudes that influence their feelings and actions.”
- “Bias can lead people to treat others unfairly.”
- “The brain puts people with similar traits in the same category.”
- “Whether it’s asparagus, bell pepper, or carrots, your brain puts it in its vegetable category.”
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-is-"Bias"-and-Why-Do-People-Have-It.