WONDER #2451: What do the (R) and TM Beside Logos Mean?
Question 1 of 3
What is the difference between ® and ™?
- ® is for registered trademarks, and ™ is for unregistered trademarks.
- There is no difference; the two symbols mean the same thing.
- ® is for copyrights and ™ is for patents.
- They protect trademarks for different lengths of time.
Question 2 of 3
Registered trademarks last for __________________.
- 15 or 20 years
- less than 5 years
- as long as they’re in use
- 70 years beyond the company’s lifetime
Question 3 of 3
To register a trademark, a business needs to apply through the ____________________________.
- United States Postal Service
- Trademark Commission
- United States Coalition of Businesses
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Do-the-®-and-™-Beside-Logos-Mean.