Do you enjoy school? Or are you ready to enter the workforce? If you’ve ever gotten a taste of earning your own spending money, getting a job may sound like a good idea.
Trust us, though. Enjoy school while you can and make the most of it! The things you learn in school will help you build a foundation upon which you can build a fantastic future!
Work is a reality of grown-up life. Some people have jobs they love, while others work all their lives in jobs that are . It’s important to have passion for the work you do, because you spend a lot of your life doing it!
Not everyone works at a typical job, though. Sometimes people start their own businesses and work for themselves. They’re the boss and that’s how they like it! We call these people entrepreneurs.
An entrepreneur is someone who starts, manages, and accepts the risks of a new business enterprise. In fact, the word “entrepreneur” is borrowed from the French word meaning “one who undertakes or manages.”
Can anyone be an entrepreneur? absolutely! Should everyone be an entrepreneur? Not necessarily! Entrepreneurs have particular personalities that are suited for taking risks and running a business. Other people are often better suited to work for entrepreneurs. It all depends upon your personality.
Even kids can be entrepreneurs. Have you ever run a lemonade stand in the summer? If so, you were being an entrepreneur! Many kids come up with great ideas and then get help from adults to turn their ideas into new businesses. Check out the entrepreneur featured in the video for Wonder 754.
If you’re going to be a successful entrepreneur one day, there are a few qualities you’ll need to have. Successful entrepreneurs tend to be good leaders who can manage others well and build teams of workers who are inspired to follow the entrepreneur’s vision for the business.
If you think you might want to be an entrepreneur one day, here are some things you can focus on to prepare yourself while you’re young:
- Learn how to set goals! Setting goals — and then accomplishing them — will help you learn how to develop foresight and planning skills. It’ll also help you in all areas of life, not just business!
- Learn how to recognize opportunities! If you only see roadblocks, you’ll never get to where you want to go. Learn to turn obstacles into opportunities and you’ll get to places you never dreamed you’d go!
- Learn all you can about money! Financial literacy is a must for future entrepreneurs. Learning about money at an early age will help you develop financial knowledge that will benefit you the rest of your life.
- Give free reign to your creative side! Starting a new business means attracting new customers. In a world filled with millions of options for our attention, it’s more important than ever to be creative in marketing your business.
- Get comfortable with failure! No business is an absolute success from the very start. Failing is OK…as long as you learn an important lesson from it. perseverance and learning from mistakes have been the basis for many successful ventures.