Next week is a great time to spend learning and wondering as a family. Below are several Wonders from Wonderopolis.org to share while spending time with your family.
If you are an educator, be sure to share these Wonders with parents. I will be sharing them with families via my classroom blog and our class Twitter account.
If you are a parent and are looking for ways to interact with your children while they are out of school next week, check out this post, Using Wonder to Engage Children Over the Summer. The activities can be used anytime, not just during the summer months.
Check out my fellow 2012 Wonder Leads and how they infuse Wonder in their own homes, and nurture their students to wonder at home:
- Wonder what causes excitement when reading? by Melissa Edwards (@EdwardsWONDER)
- School – Home – School by Jon Fines (@WonderLeadJon)
- Extending Wonder Over the Weekend by Maria Caplin (@WonderLeadMaria)
- Curious about Curiosity? Me too! by Sarah Nichols (@WonderLeadSarah)
- Day of WONDER by Samantha Brasdis-Nixon (@WonderFamNixon)
You can read more about using Wonder and Wonderopolis in and out of the classroom by going to the Wonder Playground at Wonderopolis.